It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:14 pm

Text Size

Give dirt racing a try on your week off!

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Give dirt racing a try on your week off!

Postby Matt Drottz » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Do you have a clone (chonda) kart and need somewhere to race this weekend (10/15), look no further then Kam kartway in Rhome, TX (www.kamkartway.com), they have an adult class of clone karts that you could easily and completively run your sprint chassis with. The majority of the karts that run regularly at Kam are sprint chassis with 5" or 6" slicks. Motors are AKRA BSP (stock) type with an open header rule, so not much change needed, or you could run your weenie pipe if desired, Weight rule is min 330lbs, but I run very competitively at over 400lbs on a sprint chassis, so don't be afraid to try it! Cost is only $20 per driver and this includes your pit pass, so what do you ahve to lose?? This would be a good test for anyone looking to join us for the Longhorn shootout in Alvardo, TX on Dec 2nd and 3rd, 2011. Comeon, time to get some dirt on those karts!!! If you have any questions, please feel free to give Mike (the promotor)a call at 817-638-5278.

-Matt Drottz
Matt Drottz

Re: Give dirt racing a try on your week off!

Postby Matt Drottz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:26 am

Ok, i haven't gotten any responses yet, so i'll up the stakes... I will personally pay the $10 entry fee for any NTK guys that want to come try the dirt out this saturday night, you only have to pay the $10 pit pass fee for an entire night of racing!! The weather is looking great,so I might even bring the grill out and do some cooking after the races. Come on out and have a great night racing against some of the nicest guys/gals around!!

Thanks, Matt
Matt Drottz

Re: Give dirt racing a try on your week off!

Postby Matt Drottz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:58 am

Thanks to NTK driver Joe Emmons for racing out at Kam with us on Saturday. We had a total of 9 clone karts show up and there was some excellent side by side racing. I hope more clone/chonda drivers can make it out on their nights off from NTK.

Thanks, Matt
Matt Drottz

Return to General Karting