It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:27 am

Text Size

New kart for my Austin

Discussion forum for Kid Kart classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

New kart for my Austin

Postby Aaron Bunch » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:12 pm

It's a DAP Kid Kart with a Komer 50cc (of course). My Austin will be 5 in August but he is very excited about kart racing. He is out of town at his grand parents this week. I can't decide if I can hide it for 2 months until his birthday or if I will give it to him next week.

Anyway, it's a DAP Millenium III frame and I am not sure of the year. Has anyone ever head of that brand?

The tires are Dunlops. Will we need to get different tires before he can race?

Aaron
Aaron Bunch
NTK Member

Re: New kart for my Austin

Postby Aaron Bunch » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:08 pm

I've been scouring the Internet for images and I think DAP is connected to Margay and this kart may be the same as an older Margay Wildcat?

Aaron
Aaron Bunch
NTK Member

Postby Carlos Perez » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi Aaron! Welcome to the Kid Karts!

I was in the same position: to wait for a couple months or not... I did it and he was so happy that it was worth it :D On the other side, your kid will need seat time. Mine practiced for a few months before his first race, it's a process...

Regarding the tires, you will need MG's, the official tire for NTK, if you want to score championship points.

My kid is out on a trip, but we will be back for Summer 3 if you want to stop by. We are KK # 96

Carlos
Carlos Perez
NTK Member

Postby Dianna Goldinger » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:31 pm

I am pretty sure that we have emailed back and forth today. The kart looks awesome! I would give it to him so he can get some time in on it before his first race! He will be so excited! :mrgreen:
Check out our Kart blog! We are starting from the get go with a 5 year old!
http://www.barrettkartracing.blogspot.com
Dianna Goldinger

Return to Kid Kart