It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:22 am

Text Size

Everyone ok?

Discussion forum for Kid Kart classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Everyone ok?

Postby Sean Goodpasture » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Was out on Saturday and in the final kid kart there was a red flag. Everyone ok? That's my wife's biggest fear (and why I've not pulled the trigger yet on a kart for the boy).
Sean Goodpasture

Re: Everyone ok?

Postby Lori Stine » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Haven't heard about him yet, but my husband was working that night and said the boy was laughing when they left. It is so rare that we have injuries. My son has been racing (not just at NTK but at many other tracks, too) for 4 years and we haven't had any injuries with him at all. My daughter just started and we had a little incident with her rolling her kart, but absolutely no injury at all. She got back up and finished the night.

Please don't let one incident mar your plans. However, lesson learned from Saturday, we should all be careful not to allow our children to race - no matter how anxious they are or we are - until they are racing safely and are educated to what to do!! Practice, practice, practice!
Lori Stine
Hunter - Jr Shifter #671
Hadyn - Whatever Floats Her Boat Today
Lori Stine
NTK Secretary

Postby Kevin Crowe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:17 pm

I messaged Carlos yesterday to check on him. He said little Carlos was doing fine, just a little sore.
Kevin Crowe
80cc Shifter
CRG KT-1, #26
Honda CR80
Kevin Crowe
NTK Points Chairman

Postby Carlos Perez » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Yes, he is getting better, thank you. A little sore, some bruises and a scratch, thank God that was it.

I want to say a big thank you to all the people that helped us Saturday night, I really appreciate it.

Just like Lori said, we should all learn from what happened and hopefully this will be the last incident.

Thanks again

Carlos
Carlos Perez
NTK Member

Postby Sean Goodpasture » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Thanks for the updates. I'm glad everyone is ok.

Although I would be very antsy to get him out there W2W'ing, I know that as adults with other racing bodies, I'd have to go through multiple levels of training and certification to be allowed to go w2w (even for my NASA TT license). I would need to make sure, before he gets out there side by side with others that he drives safe. Not just for him but others.

He just wants to go fast (in fact, he's already written his letter to Santa for a kart!).
Sean Goodpasture

Postby Dianna Goldinger » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:17 am

I am so happy to hear that everyone is okay! I am pretty sure that it is a fear of any parent out there when they start letting their children race. Practice makes perfect is an old tried and true saying for a reason!
Check out our Kart blog! We are starting from the get go with a 5 year old!
http://www.barrettkartracing.blogspot.com
Dianna Goldinger

Return to Kid Kart