It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Text Size

Restrictor Plates

Discussion forum for 4-Cycle classes.

Moderators: Kevin Crowe, Daniel Esparza

Restrictor Plates

Postby Jimmy Criswell » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:13 pm

I move forward the notion that NTK should move over to restrictor plates to make the races more racey instead of diluting the field down to two classes and leaving nowhere for heavy guys to go. I have gained weight and it will be hard for me to make 385 now. Most of the other clubs run plates and I am not sure why NTK does not. It is hard to be competitive without a 405 class. I know this will slow some of you down but the adrenaline rush of racing makes up for the lost speed. I am contemplating moving to another track along with the rest of my family if the track does not consider this. Who is with me? What does it mean to win a championship if you won it running against one or two other people? When you do it with 12-15...that's a different story. Come on family...let's do this. I know all of you now and even though I am not a member you guys and gals all know me. I am the taller bald headed guy. I wanted to bring this up before the rules meeting.
Jimmy Criswell

Re: Restrictor Plates

Postby Matt Drottz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Jimmy, I hate to hear your not happy with where your karting situation is, I hate to get on NTKs site and propose this, but I don't have your ph # and I know you have inquired about this before. I think you need to come run with us at Kam, I am right at 400 lbs across the scales and run up front regularly ( we have guys up to 425 running up front too), I think what hurts you is the fact of the restricted power in a clone motor, so adding to it, will only make it worse. Problem is, with a road course, you have to get outta the gas so much, whereas, on the oval we are flat out, so weight can turn into momentum, plus we run an open header rule, so we are getting more power out of our clones. Just FYI, we have a show Jan 5th and the 19th, I believe the Jan 5th show pays out some $$$ too:) , our min weight rule for 2013 is 375# min, FYI.

-Matt
Matt Drottz

Re: Restrictor Plates

Postby Jimmy Criswell » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:57 am

Can you please call me tomorrow. I am open to this idea. 972.741.5964
Jimmy Criswell

Return to 4-Cycle