It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Text Size

fuel and oil question

Discussion forum for Kid Kart classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

fuel and oil question

Postby Leon Knox » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:01 am

Looking at winter series trying to get my little one racing. Are they requiring certain fuel and oil now in the kid karts also if gas is purchased at track is it pre mixed or would i still need oil if so what is the correct oil. We have been practicing with pump fuel if racing fuel should be used could that be why the engine needs to be choked a bit for it to stay running and neever seems to run as fast as others?
Leon Knox
NTK Member

Re: fuel and oil question

Postby Jeff Mitchell » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:33 pm

The club has spec'ed 98 race gas and Burris castor for the kid karts during the winter series so that is what we will race. My preference would have been a non-ethanol pump gas and 8 oz.of klotz techniplate. The oil seems to stay mixed better in the gas during the colder temperatures. You can find stations who sell the non-ethanol enriched gas at www.pure-gas.org.
Jeff Mitchell
NTK Member

Postby Lori Stine » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:05 am

I think something has been miscommunicated on the winter series flyer. I'll go back and check notes, but I'm pretty sure we decided on pump gas and Burris fuel for Kid Karts at the Winter Series - BUT it will be purchased pre-mixed at the track.
Lori Stine
Hunter - Jr Shifter #671
Hadyn - Whatever Floats Her Boat Today
Lori Stine
NTK Secretary

Postby Dianna Goldinger » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:10 am

Yeah the flyer says otherwise. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Check out our Kart blog! We are starting from the get go with a 5 year old!
http://www.barrettkartracing.blogspot.com
Dianna Goldinger

Postby John Ray » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:08 pm

sorry for the misprint on the flyer, fuel for kid karts will be available at the track and already premixed with oil, hat way all racers are on the same mix, it will be regular gasoline from loves.
J RAY
John Ray
NTK President

Postby Dianna Goldinger » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:57 pm

What is the cost for the fuel at the track?
Check out our Kart blog! We are starting from the get go with a 5 year old!
http://www.barrettkartracing.blogspot.com
Dianna Goldinger

Postby John Ray » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:05 pm

we will charge pump price along with the cost of oil, so it will be determinedat the race ,but no where near race gas cost. you can bring your own practice fuel, but we will require you ise ours to race on.
J RAY
John Ray
NTK President

Postby Robbie Floyd » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:58 pm

You know when you use a supplied fuel mix John they make you come to the line with an empty tank and the hose off. Don't know if our group will need to go through all of this. If the fuel isn't drained between races, anything can be switched easily. Also the price is usually included in the entry fee. There may be less than a half gallon used per kart all day with the comers. If you are starting with an empty tank each time, your fuel would then be near a gallon. My boys can't be at any of the Winter races this year because I'll be doing Arenacross, but I would hate for all of the parents new and old to have to deal with all of this on a local level race. You could always test samples after if there is a question.
Robbie Floyd
NTK Member

Return to Kid Kart