It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:22 am

Text Size

Beginner Question?

Discussion forum for 4-Cycle classes.

Moderators: Kevin Crowe, Daniel Esparza

Beginner Question?

Postby Grant Sherwood » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:08 pm

I am currently looking at getting into my first cart and after a very brief conversation with Bob on the phone it looks like I will be starting in the Chondra class. My question is that I am about 6'1 and weigh anywhere from 145-155. There is a Margay 32mm Limo roller for sale in the classifieds and have read mixed things on how tall you should be before worrying about limo. Would this be an ok chassis for a first time karter? I'm 25 and coming from a drag racing background pretty much all my life so turning the wheel, caster/camber and all that other corner carving stuff is going to be new to me and I want to learn the right way..
'06 Margay Brava 1.6(Chonda/Clone)
First time racing anything that involves turning the wheel.. :-)
Grant Sherwood

Re: Beginner Question?

Postby Bob Schabel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Yes, this would be good for you, if you are telling me that it has an extended "front porch" on it for the pedals so you can stretch your legs.
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Postby chris foisy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 am

Grant,your gonna love this karting. Its a blast...i come from dirt track stock cars and like the karts better....
chris foisy

Postby Jimmy Criswell » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am

Grant,

Where do you live? I am in the Grand Prairie Mansifield area. I am the one with the Kart. You can come look at it if you like with no pressure. I will be at the shop getting it extremely clean today. The Kart is like new condition and is wicked fast with a chonda on it. This thing was completely redone just over a year ago. I can provide all the receipts for you on the kart itself. I bought it dirt cheap because I have a good relationship witht the Margay dealer. He has told me I should be getting 17-1800 for it but I am asking 15 to try and sell it quicker.

Jimmy Criswell
972-741-5964 (call or text)
Jimmy Criswell

Postby Jimmy Criswell » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:04 am

In fact, I can sell it to you race ready for about 2000. The motors are cheap...It is all the bolt-on stuff that costs. It already comes with the aluminum flywheel or PVL flywheel your choice. Stroke is almost at the max (2.129). Lift and duration are good on the cam. Has a high flowing head. I have the AKRA pipe and muffler for it as well. The Kart already comes with a motor mount. It might take me a few days to get it race ready because I have to put the motor on the kart and make sure I have enough fuel line. I have the right gear you need for it at the track as well with a clutch that has just some practice time on it. Motor only has practice time on it as well. It is not even fully broken in yet. These motors get faster the more laps you get on them. I definitely recommend chonda to start in. I have the top plate, fuel pump and everything you need as well as the perfect rear gear for that track.

972-741-5964 call or text.
Jimmy Criswell

Return to 4-Cycle