Moving Up(Classes)? If so Where to?

Discussion forum for Kid Kart classes.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

Roy Phelps

Moving Up(Classes)? If so Where to?

Post by Roy Phelps »

Hello Kid Karters,
Question for you.
I'm getting my 8 y/o son into karting this coming year and I am wondering what Cadet class is going to have the largest number of racers in 2014. So, if your Kid Karter is moving up next year or soon what class will you be running?
-Rookie Sportsman(KT100)
-TAG Cadet (Gazelle 60cc)
-Rotax Micro Max
Thanks!
JP Hanway

Re: Moving Up(Classes)? If so Where to?

Post by JP Hanway »

Two of us have moved up to Micromax just recently. I know of one more for sure going to Micromax in the spring, and possibly one other to Micromax sometime next year. I know they already have the micromax kart, but just not sure when they plan to move up. I believe there are a few others that will be moving up next year, but not certain what they have decided on.

Welcome to karting. You and your son will have a lot of fun and NTK has a great group of people.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

JP
Mike Bray

Post by Mike Bray »

When we get to that stage we'll go with the Rotax. I like they way the Rotax can be converted from one stage to another all the way up to a senior max. Buy an engine for life.
JP Hanway

Post by JP Hanway »

What Mike said is one of the reasons we went with Rotax. Plus DKC only runs Rotax (and kid kart)in their races. We wanted to be able to race at both NTK and DKC because DKC is the second closest track to us.
Roy Phelps

Post by Roy Phelps »

Thanks for the info!