Kid Cart or Cadet Cart for my 7 almost 8 year old?

Discussion forum for Kid Kart classes.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

Jason Elliott

Kid Cart or Cadet Cart for my 7 almost 8 year old?

Post by Jason Elliott »

1st off just wanted to introduce myself and say I am looking forward to meeting many of you all out at the track. My son and I are going to join and start learning from you all. I just purchased a used CRG kart from Sean off of this forum on Saturday and I need to find a kart for my son.

He is inexperienced other than driving indoor electric karts, but I fear that if I buy a kid kart that in 5 months he has out grown it and I have to sell it and buy a cadet cart. He is 54" tall, weights about 62 lbs and will be 8 in February.

I have been looking for a decent used cadet kart in the $1000-$2000 range, but I am not seeing much available in the DFW area if anyone can point me in the right direction please let me know.

I appreciate the help and insight!

Jason
Bob Daigneault

Re: Kid Cart or Cadet Cart for my 7 almost 8 year old?

Post by Bob Daigneault »

I have a CRG Cadet with a MINI ROK , $3,250
Matt Graybiel

Re: Kid Cart or Cadet Cart for my 7 almost 8 year old?

Post by Matt Graybiel »

Hi Jason,
I would recommend jumping into Cadet class. There are some options you can explore. I know the Micromax is the most popular, but I think the Gazelle and chonda/briggs options are also available.
If he goes kid karts now, he will have the age and mental maturity advantage but will be heavier than almost all of the kids.
I am pretty sure you would just be buying a kid kart only to sell it in a few months. Oh and the maintenance on the kid karts not minor. My $0.02...

Matt Graybiel
Matt Graybiel