procedure

Discussion forum for Yamaha classes.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

John Ray
NTK President

procedure

Post by John Ray »

hey heayies, lets all pea pick this year invert and run finals off of points accrual. fast guy is going to wind up in front anyway, lets put the fun back in the race and learn something in the process. how about it, lets be different.
J RAY
George Kraus

Post by George Kraus »

I'm in for that !! I don't care for the "new" qualifing format at all.
Driven faster,
George Kraus
Racing is life, everything else is just waiting.
Mike Jones

pea picking

Post by Mike Jones »

I would LOVE to go back to drawing numbers. Not only making you a better driver, but will eliminate a bunch of time!
Mike Engstrom

Post by Mike Engstrom »

AMEN!!!! Or at least some of the time. One of the bad things, you have new people come out to track to see some racing. Get to track around 1 pm, and by 2:30 or so they are ready to go home and haven't seen hardly any racing. We've lost them at that point usually. Just my 2 cents
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Webmaster

Post by Yaani-Mai Gaddy »

You might want to check with Lori to see if the software will allow one class to run a different race format to other classes.

Maybe changing all classes to the same format for a race would be less confusing to people in scoring.
Lori Richardson

pea pick

Post by Lori Richardson »

The software can easily handle it.

It's just a matter of getting everyone in the class to agree. The rules say that every member of the class that day has to agree, so all it takes is one person that doesn't like it or feels threatened by it to put a stop to it.

We tried several times last year to get the Yamaha heavy and Sr. Super Sportsman classes to do this and someone always objected so we were never able to do it.

If that's the format you want, propose it at the next race and get everyone that registers in the class to agree. Then all you have to do is notify scoring.

Lori
Mike Engstrom

Post by Mike Engstrom »

Thank you! Lori didn't know it could be that easy
Lori Richardson

pea pick

Post by Lori Richardson »

Mike,
It was a rule change a year ago that any class that unanimously chooses pea pick can do that on any given race day.
So, the formalities are very easy and the change in the computer is really easy for the workers. We even have the computer draw a number for everyone at registration just in case a class decides to go with that method.

Lori