Kart Stand Question

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

Matt Christman

Kart Stand Question

Post by Matt Christman »

Hey guys and gals, me again... :P

Just got my son a Kart and into Karting and out of Motocross...

Right now we are on a shoestring budget and are looking to get my son out on the track and having some fun. We now have a Kart, and of course all the required safety gear. Now we're looking for a kart stand. My question is this... What is the real purpose of a kart stand? IS it just to roll the kart up and down the pit runner and get it on and off the track? I just can't see spending $250+ for a stand to wheel a kart on and off the track.

Please don't laygh at me, but would something like a simple furniture dolly placed under the kart move it up and down the pit runner to the track? What am I missing here? Does anyone in Karting NOT have a stand?

Thanks again for putting up with all the newbie questions!
Juan David Gomez

Re: Kart Stand Question

Post by Juan David Gomez »

It is a valid question. But you will soon realize that a Kart stand is essential, not only to move the kart around but also to work on it. If you don't want to brake your back pushing the kart and crouching for every little think a stand is a must.
you can get a cheap second had one for $100 or so. definitely worth the investment.
Juan David Gomez
Stock Honda 125 Shifter
Senior-S2/Masters-S4 53T
Intrepid/SRS Engines
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Re: Kart Stand Question

Post by Bob Schabel »

Yes, its primary purpose is to move it around, and yes, other drivers on a budget have built wooden dollies for their karts, an pulled it with a rope.