Karting school for a 9 yr old

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

William Howell

Karting school for a 9 yr old

Post by William Howell »

My son is turning nine very soon, and has expressed a desire to try karting for some time now. I'd like to have him attend a one or two-day karting school to see if it's something he'd enjoy before making the plunge. Is there anything offered at NTK or is there anything other schools for kids in Texas? I haven't been very successful in my google searches! :mrgreen:

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.
JP Hanway

Re: Karting school for a 9 yr old

Post by JP Hanway »

I am not aware of any schools, but you could always take him to DKC and rent a kart for him to drive to see if he likes it. Also, I have seen some of the board members meet prospective members at the track and let them drive one of the clubs karts. You might start with Bob Shabel. Feel free to contact me if I can be of any more help. We got our grandson into karting and just dove right in. He loves it!
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Post by Bob Schabel »

We have demo karts at the track for just this purpose. If you give me a call I would be glad to meet you at the track, show you around, explain the sport, and let him drive as much as he likes. You can reach me at: 972-221-2567, Bob
Keith Bartholomew

Post by Keith Bartholomew »

I can put you in touch with a young man who is very good with younger new to karting persons. He has over 15 years experience in the sport.
Mathew Souza

Post by Mathew Souza »

Hello William. First of all welcome to NTK. My name is Mat Souza. I am part of Team Core Karting, based here at NTK. We do sales service and also drivers training right here at NTK. If you think you might be interested or have any questions at all about anything to do with karting, than please feel free to contact myself, Chris Williams or Chance Kelley here at Core.

Thanks,
Mat Souza
m.souza@corekarting.com
215-527-7311
Mathew Souza
TEAM CORE KARTING
TAG MASTER #33t
CRG KT1
Parilla Leopard