Interested in karting

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

Mike everett

Interested in karting

Post by Mike everett »

I'm completely new to this sport. I'm 40. Raced mx up until 2006. Looking to get back into something competitive. I don't really feel like eating handlebars anymore. Can someone point me in the right direction. Obviously I don't want the fastest but I don't want to buy something that 6 months later I'm trying to upgrade. What class and style of kart should I be leaning towards? Maybe I'm not asking all the right questions but can learn quickly. Just need shove in the right direction. Thanks for any help I can get.
Dallas W Patterson

Re: Interested in karting

Post by Dallas W Patterson »

Mike
Give us a call at Leading Edge Motorsports of Texas we can get you set up with all you need to get you started racing karts. We are a service center kart shop located in Dallas right off of 35 and royal. We sell the Praga kart line with any engine package you want. Hope to talk to you soon.

Dallas Patterson
Leading Edge Motorsports of Texas
Owner
Lemtexas@gmail.com
Tommy Vieth

Post by Tommy Vieth »

Hi Mike. Give me a call when you can, I have been Karting a couple of years now. Can give you some direction as well. I also have a 2014 Chassis for sale with only two races on it. Looks Brand new. Tommy 214-769-7590
Sean Thomas

Post by Sean Thomas »

Mike,

I would suggest a TAG class. I just started in January and am running a Rotax Max. Anything less and you will get bored coming from MX. However, if you start chasing the faster lap times, a Rotax will give you maybe 2 solid years to master. Then Move into a shifter class and dump the TAG.

I have yet to join a race, but am finally getting my lap times down enough to at least not get lapped lol. If you have any questions about getting started let me know!