Clone Exhaust AKRA Compliance Question

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

Doug Lee

Clone Exhaust AKRA Compliance Question

Post by Doug Lee »

I need some clarification...

Per NTK Rulebook, clone racers are required to meet AKRA 2014 specs. AKRA specifies a 'box stock clone' and a 'pro-clone' in their book in regards to exhaust/header pipe selection.

From what I can tell the box stock clone runs the 'weenie' pipe with the small RLV screw on muffler and the 'pro-clone' engines run the candy cane style pipe (1-3 stages) with the larger RLV clamp on muffler.

Are both pipes allowed in the NTK clone class?

Thanks again.

Doug
John Ray
NTK President

Re: Clone Exhaust AKRA Compliance Question

Post by John Ray »

To answer your question, the NTK rules call for the weenie pipe, now you might have seen some of the pro-clone pipes at some of the winter series races, remember the winter series races are bracket races and the rules are run what you brung, meaning they can use those pipes. During the points season ie. spring, summer, and fall they are required to run the weenie pipe, If there had been any concern about changing that rule, they should have been at the rules meeting and elected to change pipes... too late now.
J RAY
Doug Lee

Post by Doug Lee »

Thanks for the clarification John.
Olu Ekunwe

Post by Olu Ekunwe »

Have a somewhat related question. I've been told brackets can be run during the regular season. How many racers would have to be in a bracket class to make it a scored/points race.

Thanks John.
John Ray
NTK President

Post by John Ray »

Olu, you have to have an average of three persons in your bracket to make it a class, however I'm not sure if they all have to be in the same bracket, because there is only one jacket given out for brackets. Push for some others to go for it. I will read the rules and relate back to you on it.
J RAY
Olu Ekunwe

Post by Olu Ekunwe »

thanks for the quick response John.