Class questions

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

Richard Gary

Class questions

Post by Richard Gary »

Thinking about getting back in karting at 59 years old. I ran macs, kt100's and shifters at NTK and Whizzer and Hallett and Oak hill. Would I be bored in a lo206 ? I dont have the budget for tag or shifter so I was thinking lo206 or kt100's. Any advice ? Also ,anyone ran the lo206 at Hallett, if so what gear ratio and how do they compaire to the kt100's ? I weigh 185 lbs if that matters. Any old farts like me still running ? Thanks.
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Re: Class questions

Post by Bob Schabel »

Richard, no you would not be bored. Some of the best drivers at NTK are in this class. It's very competitive, often they put on the best show during the night. There is a L206 Heavy class also.
Richard Gary

Post by Richard Gary »

Is anyone running the Masters class or are the masters and senior classes combined ?
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Post by Bob Schabel »

This first year there were 8 drivers in the class with over 50 entries.
Boyd Atherton

Post by Boyd Atherton »

Richard, as Bob said you definitely won't be bored. The LO206 classes are often have some of the best action out there. Another nice thing is there's basically nothing you can do to the engine, so the focus is on driving and chassis. Last race of the season I left my kart at the grid because I also raced another class, the only thing I did was adjust air pressure and add fuel. Plenty of experienced drivers in the class to mix it up with.

The medium and heavy classes were pretty well attended this year. In medium we had 8 drivers multiple times. There haven't been any entries in the Master's class so far. At 185 lbs. I would guess depending on the weight of your kart your overall weight will be about 345-350. My kart with the 206 and no weight is about 160 lbs.