New Racer Coming Next Spring!

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

Nicholas Rice

New Racer Coming Next Spring!

Post by Nicholas Rice »

Hello,

My name is Nicholas Rice and I will be moving to the North Texas area in the Spring of 2017. I have spent 4 years overseas away from racing and I am anxious to get back racing. I have raced in multiple different forms of motorsports with the last being road racing in the Pacific Northwest with the International Conference Sports Car Clubs. I sold my race car and trailer before moving overseas. My plan is to get back into a cheaper form of racing that doesn't take over my life, like road racing did.

I have looked around in the local area quite a bit and it looks like NTK is the closest Kart track to where I will be living in Wichita Falls. I have also looked through last years classes and points and it like the LO206 class is very popular. This make me happy because the last Kart I owned was a Tony Kart Rotax Max years ago. I really disliked dealing with the temperament of the 2-stroke engine and getting the jetting correct.

I will most likely come out for a few races next season to see how things are ran and what classes are the most popular before purchasing a Kart. Just figured I would check in prior to coming out so I am not a stranger right away.

Does anyone have any good tips?

What classes would you recommend?

If anyone is interested this was my last racing venture before selling the whole setup to another local racer.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=2035408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,
Nick
Matt Graybiel

Re: New Racer Coming Next Spring!

Post by Matt Graybiel »

Hi Nick,
Let me be one of the first to welcome you! Yes, the Lo206 class is pretty competitive and popular. There are a few former SCCA and Autocrossers in that class.

The 2016 season is closed, but we fire things back up in 2017 with the Winter Series. Dates for the series are TBD. Of course we are ALWAYS looking for help running races and manning corners. That is a great way to get plugged in and earn some $ that can be used towards race entry fees.

We have a General Member Meeting in December and we are going to vote on who gets to be a new board member, club prez, vp and other positions. Good place and way to meet people.

We have a rules meeting in January - need to check the date and get back to you. That would be a great place for you to come and listen to what is going on. Get a low down on the rules and operating procedures, etc.
Matt Graybiel