What tires can I run?

Discussion forum for all Touch and Go classes.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

Matt Wolfe

What tires can I run?

Post by Matt Wolfe »

My son will be racing in the Rotax Micromax class and I have noticed that the rules for the club say MG tires only. Does this mean I need MG's for Club Rotax race, but have to run Mojo's during Rotax challenge races?
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Re: What tires can I run?

Post by Bob Schabel »

Matt, that is correct if you want to get credit for both the Rotax Challenge (get a punch) and Club points for the club Rotax. If you leave the Mojo's on for the club race you won't get credit. bob
Matt Wolfe

Post by Matt Wolfe »

Bob I'm a little confused still. So on the days that there is a rotax challenge race, for example the spring one race coming up, does that mean if my son races for the rotax challenge with mojos he won't get points for the spring series also? Or is there two sets of rotax races on the challenge day, one for the club with mg's and the other for the challenge with mojo's.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Webmaster

Post by Yaani-Mai Gaddy »

Matt,

My sons used to race in club & challenge Rotax classes & they would split the classes up with a class or 2 in between. This meant that we had to change wheels between heats.

I haven't seen anyone do this lately. They seem to either run the club or challenge, usually not both. Maybe Bob can check with the Race Director & let you know if they will split the classes so you can run both. It does make for a very hectic race day switching wheels between heats. Ideally you would have separate chassis for the two classes & could just hop out of one kart & into another.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Post by Bob Schabel »

Yanni-Mai is correct, we will have 2 Rotax races, one for the Challenge the other one for the club separated by a few races to allow u to switch tires.