4 cycle shifter class

Discussion forum for 4-Cycle classes.

Moderators: Bob Schabel, Daniel Esparza

Greg Masterman

4 cycle shifter class

Post by Greg Masterman »

I have heard that 4cycle shifters might be available at a lower cost than 2cycle. If so and I can sell my rotax and other personnal items this might be a cool option. I could race myself if need be to help generate interest. Does anyone have any information on this type of race kart?
Greg

Why Race to Your Next Oil Change?
AMSOIL Independent Dealer http://www.TruLube.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lubricants for DIESEL/GAS/Powersports/Lawn and Garden
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Webmaster

Post by Yaani-Mai Gaddy »

Greg,

I know an NTK member has one. I have seen them practicing at the track. They don't race but take their karts to the track to practice and play. Maybe they will post here with more info.
James Freeman

Post by James Freeman »

Gregg,

You're in a class all your own now!

Jim

Oh, let's see how big this post can get.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Webmaster

Post by Yaani-Mai Gaddy »

Yeah,
Now I need to start a whole new forum for Greg's new class!
Greg Masterman

4 cycle shifter class

Post by Greg Masterman »

We'll see, I can't even consider it untill after febuary if even then. I have a feeling I'll be running by myself as most shifters are 2cycle. I just think four cycle is the way to go in the future. The one I have seen is good for three hundred hours on the engine and about 25hp stock. I hate to give up Rotax but running a new class might help with options for others.
Greg

Why Race to Your Next Oil Change?
AMSOIL Independent Dealer http://www.TruLube.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lubricants for DIESEL/GAS/Powersports/Lawn and Garden
Mike Urbanski

Re: 4 cycle shifter class

Post by Mike Urbanski »

Greg,

Where did you hear about 4 stroke shifters? I have seen some before they are all one offs.

I have a Biland SA250, and service requirements are the same as what you quoted. 100 hours to valve lap and adjust, 300 to rebuild. Supposedly the motor has about 30-35 hrs on it. I pulled the valve cover, excellent. I pulled the head last weekend to check because it has sat for 4 years. Cross hatching still intact. It still needs some work before track ready (mostly kart) but it will be interesting to see how it last per what I have read and heard.

I am new to karting but not motors. For me 4 strokes seem like the only way to go for my money. Plus I can work on them and save some money.

I would like to see or hear anything you have found on these. Definitely has my interest.

Thanks
Mike