Clone help

Discussion forum for 4-Cycle classes.

Moderators: Bob Schabel, Daniel Esparza

Patrick Melton

Clone help

Post by Patrick Melton »

Hi, I'm fairly new to karting and am building a kart to run in chonda class but I have a couple questions. First, is the BSP1 cam the appropriate choice for NTK track? Second, what is the most common MG tire choice in this class? Third, is there a specific requirement for the bumper such as brand or is any full width rear bumper acceptable. Thanks in advance for your help and I'm really looking forward to racing with y'all.
Patrick Melton

Re: Clone help

Post by Patrick Melton »

Oh yeah, also what pipe and header do y'all run?
Kevin Crowe

Post by Kevin Crowe »

Hi Patrick, glad to see you are wanting to come race with us. First off, yes the BSP1 cam is ok to run at NTK. I think most of us run the CL-1i. I am not sure the exact differences but we run AKRA rules for the engine specs. Here is the link to answer all your questions. http://karting.4cycle.com/showthread.php?t=409588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mostly everyone runs the MG FZ (yellow). The wear in the Chonda class is minimal. I wear out fronts before the rears.

The bumper can be made of steel tubing with a double bar design or a plastic CIK approved bumper of full length (extends to at least the middle of the rear tires is a good reference).

Hope this helps, feel free to contact me directly if you need any more info.

Kevin

The pipe we run is http://www.arcracing.com/servlet/the-45 ... ARC/Detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. There are some other set-ups out there but this is what I have ran with minimal problems. The strap and clamps are vital. They will break off without the support.
Kevin Crowe
80cc Shifter
CRG KT-1, #26
Honda CR80
Patrick Melton

Post by Patrick Melton »

Thanks Kevin