Some questions about NTK and karting

Information & questions about the NTK club organization and track.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

Caleb King

Some questions about NTK and karting

Post by Caleb King »

Hey guys I bet you've seen these kinda posts a lot.
Im looking to get into karting at a casual level. I've done a couple AutoX, and have done rental racing at DKC (I'm top 50 on timed full circuit) so i feel like its time to try racing in a competitive environment. I'm 20, 150lbs 5'10. I just have a couple questions:
-What is a good starter kart engine/class?
-Are NTK races open to every class or is there separate races for different classes on the same day?
-Is it possible to only race on certain race days?
-Required gear?
-How many tires should i expect to go through on a single race day? Practice/Quali/Race
-Is it possible to use the track on non-race days if I'm not a member?
-I know this is stupid but exactly what gear is required? Full race suit?
Leon Knox

Re: Some questions about NTK and karting

Post by Leon Knox »

Lo206 will be the easiest to start with and least expensive I think and you should be able to go a full year of racing on a set or 2 of tires. Track is only open to members on non race days but membership is very affordable and gives you basically full year round access to the track except a few big events that rent out the track. All required safety gear can be found in the rule book. Sure others will post as well. All ntk classes run every event. You can run as few or as many race days you want.
Tony Hager

Post by Tony Hager »

Caleb,
As Leon mentioned LO206 is the most economical class and also the fastest growing class across the Nation. An entry level Kart can be bought brand new for $3,995 that would be ready to race. There are a few extras you might also like to have as well that would raise the price but they are optional. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Adults can get by with just having a Driver Jacket and blue jeans, still need the Helmet and neck brace, gloves etc. along with closed toed shoes
Tony Hager
URTMotorsports
http://www.urtmotorsports.com
tony.hager@urthllc.com
United Realty Texas
http://www.unitedrealtytexas.com
(940) 898-8000
Boyd Atherton

Post by Boyd Atherton »

Welcome to NTK. Leon and Tony are correct the LO206 is by far the most economical and probably the most fun to be had right now at NTK. LO206 karts are very low maintenance and the racing is always close and class just keeps growing. We have a wide range of experience levels in the LO206 classes at NTK, they are brand new people and people with many years of karting experience.

I'm the LO206 class mentor for the club, I'll PM you with some more information.

Thanks,
Boyd