New member here (any social media presence for NTK?)

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

Jason Grubaugh

New member here (any social media presence for NTK?)

Post by Jason Grubaugh »

I’m a new member to the track and I’m just trying to absorb as much info as I can. While this forum is a resource it’s not terribly active. I came from the car racing hobby and online forums aren’t active there either.

It seems like everyone has gone to Facebook for discussions etc. Does NTK have a Facebook group? If I wanted to find out if there was anyone practicing on a random Tuesday where could I post something like that? Is this forum the only option? I realize NTK has a FB page but you can’t post on it. Perhaps there isn’t one specifically for NTK but maybe a DFW karters group or some such?

Let me know
Last edited by Jason Grubaugh on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Towne

Re: New member here

Post by John Towne »

Welcome to NTK Jason. No, we don't have a Facebook group and you're right, our forum is not terribly active. However, feel free to comment on the Facebook page that you might be headed to the track for a practice session and you may get some feedback from Members that might be headed out there. I know the Shifter drivers have their own text group that they set up to communicate between each other their plans to practice or find out who is racing a the next race.

We welcome suggestions and look forward to seeing you at the track. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

John Towne
Board of Director 2017-2018
John Towne
Jason Grubaugh

Re: New member here

Post by Jason Grubaugh »

Thanks for the reply John. I sent an email to the president a few weeks ago with some ideas. I have yet to receive a response.

I would just love to see an NTK Drivers lounge fb group (or something similar) that is actively receiving participation. You could use this to get the word out about a tech tips, setup ideas,work day, asking for corner workers, practice get togethers, and even selling parts and karts.

It would take very little in the way of admin resources. I just feel it’s much easier to log onto Facebook rather than a website forum
John Bradley

Re: New member here (any social media presence for NTK?)

Post by John Bradley »

Hello Jason,
Welcome. Get in contact with Greg Speed. He's the new communications person and would be able to set up the drivers forum.
Jason Grubaugh

Post by Jason Grubaugh »

I sent a message on here. We will see
George Kraus

Post by George Kraus »

What class are you going to run, Sir?

and welcome.
Racing is life, everything else is just waiting.
Brad Galbraith

Post by Brad Galbraith »

While the NTK site is far better than most I have seen in layout and content it would be nice to have some better participation in the forums or in a FB group. I'm a 20+ year IT guy but really I'm talking from a newbie perspective as a new Kid Karter starting in May. This seems to be pretty prevalent across the few Karting forums/groups out there so it's not just NTK.

And yeah, I get it, we all have jobs, kids, etc but for us new guys it would really help. Just my 2 cents...
Brad Galbraith
Granbury, Texas