Newb Questions

Discussion forum for Kid Kart classes.

Moderator: Bob Schabel

Andrew Hillas

Newb Questions

Post by Andrew Hillas »

Hello, I am thinking about getting kart for my daughter next year when she is 5. I am afraid that I do not know a whole lot about all of this.

To what age (about) will a kid kart last a child and what is the next stage after that?

How similar are kid karts? Is it a single class? Are there several different engines and chassis or is it fairly spec?

Will I be struggling with the engine often? Or will it be start and go?

Thanks!
Leon Knox

Re: Newb Questions

Post by Leon Knox »

Kid kart one size chassis different engines legal some easier then others. If you know little to nothing would suggest the Honda kid kart motor have used both comer and Honda like the Honda better is more a spec engine class runs from 5 to 8. My daughters will be up for sale in September with both engines a comer and Honda.
Andrew Hillas

Post by Andrew Hillas »

The Honda is 4-stroke and the Comer is 2-stroke, I take it?
Leon Knox

Post by Leon Knox »

Yes sir no gas mixing. Have had zero issues with the Honda add gas change oil every few races and keep carb clean your good. Honda motor is sealed so nothing can be changed. So you can worry about driver. And not so much on engine
Andrew Hillas

Post by Andrew Hillas »

How long did this chassis last your daughter? I take it she is 8 September?

I suppose I would love to have a look when September comes by; I will be out of the state the first weekend however. Any idea how much you will let your daughters kart go for?