I hope everyone is well and healthy.
Due to the COVID-19 emergency situation upon us, the Spring/Summer 5 has to be canceled.
After the governor’s order, the city of Denton officials held an emergency meeting this afternoon. Per the city of Denton and the Sheriff's Department, we cannot have a gathering of 100+ individuals unless approved by the Texas Health Department, City of Denton and the Texas Governor.
We will be discussing with the appropriate authorities about our future races to see if we can get some special dispensation. We all understand that no one wants this for our club, but unfortunately it's out of our hands right now.
We also want to apologize that this notice is so last minute, but we have been awaiting word from the city all day. We had to convene an emergency NTK officer and board of directors meeting, too, in order to make this decision.
At this point we must practice social distancing, recommend the use of facial covering and no gatherings greater than 100 individuals on our premises.
Our registration and check-in process is modified to comply with our insurance company's current requirements:
1. Register and pay online by 10pm Thursday, June 25. PRINT your race registration confirmation email and your paid receipt and bring it to the track.
o NOTE: Your race registration is not paid for unless you receive a separate payment confirmation email from Paypal.
2. PRINT and SIGN attached Waiver Release form (and Parent Consent if appropriate) PRIOR to heading to the track on race day.
o You may use 1 Adult Waiver Release form per car.
o The Parent Consent form must be completed for each racing minor regardless of whether you have filled this form out previously.
o We do not need to witness your signature at the track. Please sign the appropriate forms before you arrive.
3. DRIVE-THRU registration check-in will open at 0800 hours on race day.
o During Drive-Thru registration, hand your printed and signed documents to the NTK volunteer, who will provide you with your pre-paid wrist bands, as well as any pre-purchased tickets for fuel, tires, oil, and transponder rental.
o All purchases (including pit passes, transponder rental, fuel, oil, tires) must be made by Thursday June 4th.
4. PICK UP your pre-purchased oil, fuel, tires, and transponder rental outside the Tech Barn.
5. You must complete the registration process and have a wrist band before any driver is allowed on the race track surface. Wrist bands will be checked for open and organized practice.
6. Additional specific safety rules and recommendations will be provided via email and posted on our website. Please be respectful and courteous.
o Please note that face masks are mandatory in enclosed areas occupied by NTK volunteers (Gate House, Scoring Tower, Tech Barn). BYOM - Bring Your Own Mask!
o Also, no food service will be available for the June 6th race. All drivers, spectators, volunteers, officials, and families must bring their own food and drink. We apologize for the inconvenience.
o We recommend to keep the group of family participants small (1 to 4) including the driver.
o If you are feeling sick, stay home.
o Practice social distancing at all times.
We highly recommend to every person entering our premises to abide our guidelines to avoid the spread of Covid-19. Participation in this event is at your own risk.
Remember: do not drive over the Pit Runner.
Thanks so much for your patience and understanding as we work through the evolving requirements of our insurance company and local, state and federal guidelines. Please contact Bob Schabel at if you have any questions.
We need Volunteers to help make this a safe and successful event. Please sign-up here to help: https://volunteersignup.org/39TWJ
Thank you for registering and we look forward to seeing you at the track!