NTK offers a class of racing for everyone!
Age 5-7 run a Kid Karts. These are smaller scale karts in which one class runs a GXH50 Honda engine with rigid specifications to prevent modifications and keep cost contained. This class is intended to teach the youngest drivers how to drive. This is a competitive class that will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd place on race day with all other racers being awarded a participant medal. Typical used package prices begin around $1500-$2000 and new packages are around $4000.
Ages 8-12 run various classes with a "Cadet" sized chassis. These are typically Briggs and Stratton LO206 4 Stroke classes or TAG 2 stroke classes:
- TAG Cadet 1 - Micro Swift, Micro ROK - ages 7-10
- TAG Cadet 2 - Mini Swift, Mini ROK - ages 9-13
- Briggs & Stratton LO206 Jr I - blue slide - weight 240 - ages 8-12
- Briggs & Stratton LO206 Jr II - yellow slide - weight 310 - ages 12-15
Ages 12-15 run in Junior Classes on full size kart chassis in classes ranging from the Briggs and Stratton LO206 to the 20 HP TAG classes. The competition is very strong among these classes at NTK!
- Briggs & Stratton LO206 Jr II - ages 12-15
- Junior Super Sportsman - Yamaha KT100 engine with a RLV 2 pipe - ages 12-15
- TAG Junior - Spec class - various engines* - ages 12-15
Ages 16 and Up run in the Senior Classes ranging from the 22 HP KA100 classes, 28HP TAG Classes to the 40+ HP 125cc Shifter Classes. There are several very competitive used packages available at bargain prices.
- Senior Super Sportsman - Yamaha KT100 engine with a RLV 3 pipe
- TAG Senior - Spec class - various engines*
- TAG Master - Spec class - various engines* - ages 32+ or 16 & weight 190lbs+
- Shifter class – Honda 125cc, IAME 175cc, ROK 125cc
- BRIGGS & STRATTON 206 SENIOR weight 360 - Ages 16+
- BRIGGS & STRATTON 206 Heavy - weight 390 - Ages 16+
Racing Season Summary
- Winter Series is a 4 -race series that runs in January and February. It tends to draw many new members and some regional/national competitors who enjoy this series in the "off season". There are cash payouts to the top 3 in each class each race day. This series runs in dry or wet.
- Spring/Summer/Fall series are typically 6 races each with a points awards for a Season and Year-end Series Champion in each class. This series runs in dry or wet weather. Some of the races in the series are run in the reverse or backwards track direction.
- Special Races may be run throughout the year, such as IKF Regionals or Nationals, area regional series, and Powder Puff races.
Normally races during the Daylight Savings Time period of the year are run on Saturday nights, with racing beginning at 5:00 pm. During the Standard Time period of the year, races are run on Saturday afternoons, beginning at 1:00 pm.