NTK offers a class of racing for everyone!
Age 5-8 run a Kid Karts. These are smaller scale karts in which one class runs a 50cc Comer engine with rigid specifications to prevent modifications and keep cost contained. The other option is to run a LO206 Briggs and Stratton engine following LO206 Kid Kart class rules. These classes are intended to teach the youngest drivers how to drive. This is a competitive class that will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd place on race day with all other racers being awarded a participant medal. Typical used package prices begin around $1100 and new packages are around $2000.
Ages 8-12 run various classes with a cadet sized chassis. These are typically 7-8 HP Yamaha KT-100 2 stroke and 13 HP TAG classes. These kids put on some fine racing!
- Junior 1 - Yamaha KT100 engine or Comer K-80
- TAG Cadet 1 - Micro Swift, Micro ROK - ages 7-10
- TAD Cadet 2 - Mini Swift, Mini ROK - ages 8-12
- Rotax Mini Max - Spec class with a sealed Rotax FR125 - ages 9-12
- Rotax Micro Max - Spec class with a sealed Rotax FR125 - ages 7-10
- Briggs & Stratton LO206 Jr I - blue slide - weight 240 - ages 8-12
- Briggs & Stratton LO206 Jr II - yellow slide - weight 310 - ages 12-15
Ages 12-15 run in Junior Classes on full size kart chassis in classes ranging from 10 HP Yamaha KT-100 and 20 HP TAG classes to 28 HP 6 speed Shifter Classes. The competition is very strong among these classes at NTK!
- Briggs & Stratton LO206 Jr II - ages 12-15
- Junior Super Sportsman - Yamaha KT100 engine with a RLV 2 pipe
- Rotax Junior - Spec class with a sealed Rotax FR125 engine - ages 13-16
- TAG Junior - Spec class - various engines* - ages 11-15
- X30 Junior - Spec class with x30 Iame engine - ages 12-15
- S5 - Stock shifter class – ages 12-15
- Chonda Jr III – ages 12-15
Ages 15 and Up run in the Senior Classes ranging from the 16 to 17 HP Yamaha KT-100 classes, 28HP TAG Classes to the 40+ HP 125cc Shifter Classes. There are several very competitive used packages available at bargain prices.
- Senior Super Sportsman - Yamaha KT100 engine with a RLV 3 pipe
- TAG Senior - Spec class - various engines*
- TAG Master - Spec class - various engines* - ages 32+ or 16 & weight 190lbs+
- Shifter class – K1 & K2 80CC, S2-S4 Stock Honda 125, KZ Elite - 21 and above
- BRIGGS & STRATTON 206 SENIOR weight 360 - Ages 16+
- BRIGGS & STRATTON 206 Heavy - weight 390 - Ages 16+
- Chonda - Harbor Freight stock Honda 4-cycle clone engine**
- Box Stock Animal - Sealed Briggs & Stratton 4-cycle engine***
Racing Season Summary
NTK conducts racing through 4 seasons of club racing with a Polar Bear, Spring, Summer, and Fall Series. There are also a few special events that attract racers from other tracks in the region like the SWRC Regional Race and a 50 lap endurance style race.
- Winter Series is a 4 -race series that runs in January and February. It tends to draw many new members and some regional/national competitors who enjoy this series in the "off season". There payouts to the top five in each class for the points total in the series. This series runs only in dry weather.
- Spring/Summer/Fall series are typically 6 races each with a points awards for a Season and Year-end Series Champion in each class. This series runs only in dry weather. Spring, Summer, and Fall series are run forwards (counter-clockwise).
- Special Races may be run throughout the year, such as IKF regionals, Texas ProKArt Challenge, Chonda Endurance, and Powder Puff races.
Normally races during the Daylight Savings Time period of the year are run on Saturday nights, with racing beginning at 6:00 pm. During the Standard Time period of the year, races are run on Saturday afternoons, beginning at 1:00 pm.